daily meal

Monday, December 22, 2014

Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Fun!

As many of you know, my husband and I recently adopted a 9-year-old cat named Jovie from a shelter. She had been one of the longest residents at the shelter.  I am still saddened and baffled as to why no one would want to adopt this cute, tubby, stumpy-pawed, love muffin, but I am so happy that we found her!

Snuggling up on her Christmas scarf 

For the past couple of years my husband and I have done an annual ugly Christmas sweater photo, so this year, we had to get our boo bear, Jovie, involved! I hope you enjoy! Oh, and please view with a light heart and sense of humor! 

Year 1



Year 2

Year 3


Finished product...


Update - The message below was posted on the Facebook page of the MSPCA where we adopted Jovie from.  As silly as it may sound, I got teary-eyed reading the message because there are still so many animals that need to be adopted! Due to my asthma and allergies, it is honestly a push just having the one cat, but if I could, I'd adopt many more! Don't be afraid to adopt a senior pet - they need a loving home to call their own too!

Question: What's better than hearing that a cat that struggled with life at the shelter is doing beautifully in an adoptive home?
Answer: Receiving the news via a family holiday card, featuring said cat in a festive holiday sweater.
Jovie had a longer than average stay at Nevins Farm because she was overwhelmed by the shelter environment. Her stress levels were much improved when she was moved into staff offices and she found her home during our Fall in Love fee waived cat adoption event.
It's clear that Jovie has settled in perfectly as a family member, as evidenced by their coordinating outfits. We can't wait to see what other getups the family has planned for her for other holidays!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment